论坛元老

积分
军饷
100 两

四周年革新委员会论坛三周年勋章骑士勋章

跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2008-6-24 12:30:56 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
HPS Simulations is one of the oldest publishers dedicated to producing computer games and simulations for wargamers.   Since the company was founded in 1990, HPS has received dozens of awards, including the prestigious Premier Award from Computer Gaming World Magazine. 5 G& E4 M- U& c* O

3 b+ @/ l  C  `/ H/ aHPS 模拟游戏是最早一批致力于生产面向wargame爱好者的电脑模拟游戏厂商之一。自公司1990年创立至今,HPS获得了很多奖项,例如:电脑游戏世界颁发的Premier Award大奖。
( O- K& E# t9 }* |
4 W7 U1 w& K0 L1 B& e- H
# p8 T8 l$ _9 O; ~# V$ q( z$ L" x他的一些产品介绍:
- h3 ~% S& A4 b( A% w! z" qhttp://www.hpssims.com/Pages/products/products.html
/ v/ u- {! Z: c- e  A7 d/ J! q- W: [9 B  e4 w/ ], k4 ]& d
他比较出名的有拿破仑系列的,我玩过他的拿破仑系列。
8 j2 v1 V: b  H0 ?5 E
+ K1 R9 Z- j, ^以下是对HPS CEO 的一段采访:( f- t- \: _4 _2 ]7 T
Computer Games Production Interview 4 W- e+ A( F1 G* J8 _

) e% O8 A( }+ J0 O5 YPlease tell us a little about your background, and how you came to be involved in producing computer games:
" s( m/ {' Y. A请简要介绍一下你的背景,并谈谈你是如何进入电脑游戏界的。$ A$ i/ q! n: y: I4 X' H' W& R
I have a BS in Chemical Engineering, and an MBA.
( {, _2 y! ~' N9 @2 Z: T我是化学工程本科毕业,并考了个MBA。
  s6 f; [" z/ D% c# c/ sI spent 4 years in the Army as a combat engineer officer, ending up with the rank of Captain.# g0 r! Y& ~+ f  r/ z$ G
我为美国军方服务了四年,工作是战斗工程官,一直干到上校衔。
6 t& @! p. y1 m$ ~  R  X1 vMy first civilian job was as a Marketing Engineer for a company that made computer control systems for electric utilities.% H* c) b: H* i% g( T2 U6 h
退役后,我的第一份工作是在一家
为电力设施提供电脑控制系统的公司做市场研究。
6 l5 ]  Q9 m8 f7 h, P  t- w; lI was there for almost 2 years, before moving to a small start up company that made stereo equipment as a Purchasing and Production Manager.  W+ e7 H# a$ R
我在那里干了两年,之后到了一家刚创业不久,做立体声设备的公司担任产品和采购经理。# {. e8 t$ u% W0 r& E- B( `! p
They went out of business less than 8 months after I got there, and I was laid-off when they closed.
& ?' W; |% a! `这份工作干了8个月不到,公司就倒闭了,我也就失业了。5 }3 X+ d9 j5 [+ A+ w4 G# Y0 s
At that point I decided to see about working for myself, and started an electronic equipment repair and sales business.% A8 l8 Q8 j8 ?9 t
那时,我决定为我自己工作,于是开始了一份电器设备修理和销售的工作。
  _4 N: C% E: F6 R& ^I always liked working with people, so I also got a Real Estate Broker license and set out my shingle doing that.; @+ A# c7 j& G7 N2 K; A/ E% l
我喜欢做和人打交道的工作,于是我又去搞了张房产经纪人的执照,并建了个小办公室开始做房产交易。
8 e) u  M, [& g4 yWhile those endeavors were paying the bills, I started working on some game ideas I had been kicking around since I was in the Army.- T, f. I8 }0 f8 s& U
通过这些工作我挣了些钱,于是我开始实践起一些以前在军队就萌生的游戏点子。
: b* S' U+ h! O4 b7 ZI decided that is what I really wanted to do, so I got a book on C, taught myself to program, and eventually produced my first game, “Point of Attack” (POA) about 18 months later (1990).

$ }4 b. B; X1 ^$ G8 d我发现这才是我真正想干的事,于是我买了一本C语言教程,自学编程,并最终在18个月之后,于1990年编写出了我的第一个游戏,"攻击之节"(Point of Attack)
- T4 T1 _6 n" UAre you a member of related groups or organizations? If so, which ones and for how long? 5 z2 z& G4 V. W' Y; _
你是军事模拟游戏界相关组织或协会的成员吗,如果是,请问你参加了多久。9 l. N3 l! c4 R
No.5 {& `, f% {: x- [. _

' y1 a, C4 Y, ~: B, L$ N1 T8 A* |$ nTell us about your company, its history, location and size, number of employees, and your entry into the Internet:
8 ]( c, i5 `0 L  K1 F  D# x谈谈你的公司,它的历史,地点以及规模,包括员工数。你是如何进军互联网的。
/ ~6 N4 }) U+ [
Well, picking up where question #1 left off, once POA was published, I began working on a new idea, one that would help help me play a game of the board game “War In Europe” by mail with a friend several thousand miles away.
8 j4 l, v& e% D- q: v嗯,当POA("攻击之节")发行时,我萌发了一个新创意,即通过发邮件的方式让我和远在千里之外的朋友能一起玩兵棋游戏"欧州战争"(War In Europe)。
% @8 E9 \1 j6 kThat’s how “Aide De Camp” got started, which has been a flagship product ever since.$ o, F$ ?- R0 T( N6 x# r
基于这个目的,"Aide De Camp"诞生了,它永远是一个旗舰般地位的产品。
5 T& u/ K! I0 H" \, U  ]4 oIt was then followed by “Tigers on the Prowl”, “Panthers in the Shadows”, and the rest of that series.

! a4 u+ U3 v1 {; w; OAlong the way I started working with Jeff Lapkoff, of Incredible Simulations, and Frank Hunter from ADANAC.2 ^# t* T7 ~# z/ ~9 B/ O$ d& z, y
HPS marketed their games, and provided some front line support.
) R6 ?% U: L" X8 g" d6 l- B, ?At that time, HPS still consisted only of me, and my dog, Fluffy.- M' @8 M  J3 H+ }8 L
Frank eventually took ADANAC off down its own path, but I’m still working with Jeff, and he is doing a significant amount of code work for my current project, POA-2.
, P# b. S7 t4 c; {) L4 l0 C
Since then HPS has grown considerably, especially as John Tiller (of “Battleground” fame) joined the team about 2 years ago, along with Jim Lunsford (a retired Infantry Lieutenant Colonel).
# X- P5 s8 @/ W! OHPS is up to 10 people now, most of whom are part time, and all of which work out of their homes.
4 S: ^; `. q1 k3 P' E3 JWhich, while not impressive by mainstream standards, is pretty good for a company dedicated strictly to making wargames.

+ y% _3 W1 h- u2 i4 yHPS first got on the internet about the time POA came out, which would have been in 1990.
- Z1 {0 A+ L! IAt the time I was on Prodigy and GEnie, eventually getting forums for HPS as I published additional games.
  u' w2 w$ g+ _) sIn fact, I met Greg Smith (now an employee), and Nick Bell (my mainstay playtester and research consultant) on GEnie, and John Kincaid (Aide De Camp jack-of all trades, and database consultant) at this time.
* S- \" d" z  m. q( i

% x8 y, c2 r# {1 TWhere do you get your ideas for your products? 0 ]/ |* k3 Y. L3 ~- j; o2 ^
I make games I want to play myself.
% T7 t- F5 ^+ G% I
7 ^6 o" K0 ?4 m8 s/ qWho are some of your major designers and artists, and what is their background or accomplishments?
, \, j& `3 u, Y3 G* p; U3 jHPS is comprised of a group of fantastically talented and dedicated gamers.
  M  B& ?0 \% _8 F9 B, i2 vRather than write ten pages here, it’s easier to go to our web site where we have short bios of everyone:

8 i, e  W0 U# X& C2 \, M+ B% R
& Y' u; K9 j9 ^' R/ eWhat historical era line of products do you offer?
( u. `& g" M" ITo this point, HPS has produced games of the modern era - from late Eighteenth Century to the present.: d% r/ R  p8 Z) S
However, in the future, we may look at earlier eras.

+ @. \) j5 ?* I0 Z& y
* E. t6 r- I& E: s+ Y1 R7 v# @Do you offer other affiliated products as well, and what are they? " g+ y$ h+ j. s/ z* d
No.+ M: p/ z0 k! Q, J( l

$ J, y/ \1 Z% U$ i% i# c% ~9 |Just how are computer games or simulations produced? 2 `( \2 q* c* e
The process itself is pretty simple, really.- Y& b1 R3 V! k4 Q# a
Somebody gets and idea, it gets translated into code, the code gets tested, and then the final product is marketed.0 E- N7 h7 x* L& H
Of course the devil is in the details.
6 o! S( a8 j0 N6 J' U% |
Because HPS is such a small company, we don’t do a lot of the things larger companies do in the way of project management.+ _0 N9 M6 z: j2 ~8 S" q
John Tiller, Jeff Lapkoff, and Jim Lunsford are extremely talented and capable, so I try to leave them alone as much as possible to not cause distractions.
1 Y$ x, y5 ^- z: K9 b' gOf course, I provide support where I can, and advice.8 n/ M6 M9 O7 z4 O4 j
But, other than that they do their own thing.

; }/ ]# w: q6 m' e" CFor my own games, well, it’s the same basic process.4 m9 R3 `9 C6 C# B: A
I come up with an idea of what I want a game to accomplish.! k' e( ], U" k" Y' l* `; z
For example, Point of Attack 2 I wanted to be extremely realistic and detailed so that the military could use it to accurately test all sorts of current and planned weapons systems.) n0 r% }7 S+ _- a. a. H2 a
Once I had that idea worked out, I developed the database structures on paper, and began programming.6 J) D. J$ E0 [0 S
Because I do the coding myself (or in team with Jeff), I can make changes as I go along, rather than trying to figure out in advance what needs to be done and producing some kind of control document or plan.
# F4 L4 N' N% u) f9 CI’ve found this method works very well for detailed wargames, since once you get into actually programming a system, there are a million things that come up that would have been impossible to plan for.
, T* K9 N6 B3 `. z# P0 U/ REspecially when trying to develop a decent AI/computer opponent.
( z4 r  e; Y. @2 L+ o. B1 C: @8 Z

% A* I1 q5 h$ QWho does the actual product testing? And what criteria do you use for testing? 6 N+ z0 {/ R+ j" O5 ]4 R  `: V
HPS uses teams of volunteer playtesters, all of whom have extensive military and/or wargaming backgrounds.. C( I& V3 S1 R# F* O- R

2 i6 `9 {/ {" l; L4 e! MAfter the game is tested, how soon before it is released? ( A8 M* i8 ]: N! ^: K) }% n
Once I am satisfied that a game has NO known bugs, and that it meets my standards for playability and realism, we can usually have the CD’s made and start selling them within a month.' J% g( ^/ j  r
Because we don’t sell though stores, we don’t need large roll-out or other marketing campaigns.

$ d& T! m% A. c$ t7 k) Q1 W/ |$ R+ q9 a# L7 L0 w2 o
What methods of release and publicity do you use?
5 c5 ^9 ?, G1 z0 q1 \* cWe are primarily direct sales only, although a few stores and mail order outlets carry our titles.5 H6 f( F; q% j" `7 T5 s
# K! n9 B, e8 R+ ]
Other comments, ideas, or last thoughts?
& H! ?; Z  x& O* ~Overall, it’s been a great 12 years!5 a% I8 o; b* [& Q9 v5 C( o4 k
6 C7 [/ R" K. U* c
完整译文见6楼, D' `2 k# z# t. e* e  x8 t6 T
3 U$ w4 x; Y; f
[ 本帖最后由 Alex 于 2008-7-25 23:36 编辑 ]

该用户从未签到

精华

对战

主题

论坛元老

积分
军饷
110 两

一级勇气勋章

2#
发表于 2008-6-24 12:52:39 | 只看该作者
胖胖+ T# o' P/ c- |
不要全部都是英文啊,简单的英文就算了,大家英文好的话去外国网站了,我们的主要用户群是广大的中文使用者,还是翻译一下吧

签到天数: 13 天

连续签到: 1 天

[LV.3]偶尔看看II

精华

对战

主题

管理员

积分
军饷
147 两

四周年革新委员会论坛三周年勋章骑士勋章一级勇气勋章

QQ
3#
发表于 2008-6-24 13:04:27 | 只看该作者
:lol 好主意,梦就交给你翻译啦

签到天数: 2 天

[LV.1]初来乍到

精华

对战

主题

管理员

积分
军饷
844 两

汉化奖章拉瑞邦德勋章彼得波拉奖章四周年革新委员会论坛三周年勋章KOGER勋章骑士勋章英雄勋章-铜三级精英会员二级精英会员

4#
发表于 2008-6-24 20:59:40 | 只看该作者
John Tiller.....
0 a4 R, A5 ]( [& d7 ~& b1 V  ~一个熟悉的名字又在这里出现了( J5 v- h, ^$ A. e8 e
MatrixGames里也是此人,John Tiller's Battleground Series

该用户从未签到

精华

对战

主题

游客

积分
军饷
100 两
5#
发表于 2008-7-25 21:47:11 | 只看该作者
交给我翻译 有问题我回帖询问8 t6 t% C  V2 {* v3 C
$ [/ M% F3 S0 E  h4 o9 D0 k. I
Captain 上尉

该用户从未签到

精华

对战

主题

游客

积分
军饷
100 两
6#
发表于 2008-7-25 23:00:58 | 只看该作者
Computer Games Production Interview
) z% R4 d$ L; o1 B
- b$ h' e' \/ K' l2 E1 x* \$ ~  YPlease tell us a little about your background, and how you came to be involved in producing computer games: 8 q- q  G. c0 |  u/ F3 B8 X
请简要介绍一下你的背景,并谈谈你是如何进入电脑游戏界的。- A' W  Y; h! R3 d- p
+ w3 S1 K) D( J" }& x
I have a BS in Chemical Engineering, and an MBA.
, v; c6 X. Q# ~% h0 ~' B# W5 C* U我是化学工程本科毕业,并考了个MBA。* ]  D3 Z: p( O% o) W4 p2 j: @$ M
, E" f% O) U' z8 t+ ~# O" A) F
I spent 4 years in the Army as a combat engineer officer, ending up with the rank of Captain.. Q" t: ~3 n- ~. b
我为美国军方服务了四年,工作是战斗工程官,一直干到上尉。. e8 ?- L3 g. n: }- Z+ k# ]

1 g  \$ |/ ]/ ^  d9 u1 ^- _My first civilian job was as a Marketing Engineer for a company that made computer control systems for electric utilities.4 z+ F) ?4 P$ J6 p# o  h
退役后,我的第一份工作是在一家为电力设施提供电脑控制系统的公司做市场研究。5 Y3 H7 n, h% L' b! {: {& z

! @) W# c  C/ y% g6 fI was there for almost 2 years, before moving to a small start up company that made stereo equipment as a Purchasing and Production Manager.
( r! m3 b2 r7 a  A. L, ?& J我在那里干了两年,之后到了一家刚创业不久,做立体声设备的公司担任产品和采购经理。
8 L( x9 Q, N4 n! W9 h. h8 _; t1 w/ h: s3 x
They went out of business less than 8 months after I got there, and I was laid-off when they closed.
& n0 U: v2 x+ ^$ s这份工作干了8个月不到,公司就倒闭了,我也就失业了。" z" z6 B. }% |5 C

. I- L; M1 _- i7 U7 O5 EAt that point I decided to see about working for myself, and started an electronic equipment repair and sales business.
* \  Q. P, [# ^! Q' u% C那时,我决定为我自己工作,于是开始了一份电器设备修理和销售的工作。1 ^" Q4 P: A  t2 a
2 f; D/ o4 J( L! t
I always liked working with people, so I also got a Real Estate Broker license and set out my shingle doing that.
& u0 `& V  K/ O" }我喜欢做和人打交道的工作,于是我又去搞了张房产经纪人的执照,并建了个小办公室开始做房产交易。* v! \6 T" H6 ^* r* O4 W0 i  Z
4 M; i7 K. V) T3 {8 P
While those endeavors were paying the bills, I started working on some game ideas I had been kicking around since I was in the Army.
% E/ N/ o+ y1 Y通过这些工作我挣了些钱,于是我开始实践起一些以前在军队就萌生的游戏点子。
: ]) A: h+ u8 K, w: d: O& s
- K% i5 J1 v4 zI decided that is what I really wanted to do, so I got a book on C, taught myself to program, and eventually produced my first game, “Point of Attack” (POA) about 18 months later (1990).
, x% U3 J1 {( e+ }我发现这才是我真正想干的事,于是我买了一本C语言教程,自学编程,并最终在18个月之后,于1990年编写出了我的第一个游戏,"攻击之节"(Point of Attack)- \2 y! M, s( f8 F: `

- d, Q7 `% H) pAre you a member of related groups or organizations? If so, which ones and for how long? 3 g5 G' d' y$ S: g
你是军事模拟游戏界相关组织或协会的成员吗,如果是,请问你参加了多久。
% M$ V" t' g( t+ T6 _) B- S  v+ ]9 J% a) T0 ]
No.1 Y+ T' J8 @7 f
不是
% @' W0 ?1 O6 U& i
; S$ t$ W, x! z: {3 s) iTell us about your company, its history, location and size, number of employees, and your entry into the Internet: + |8 w& z# b7 g
谈谈你的公司,它的历史,地点以及规模,包括员工数。你是如何进军互联网的。1 p4 \- ]9 P. s4 [( i& ^! K( F
  A7 Q4 d. b5 }; ]+ [% X
Well, picking up where question #1 left off, once POA was published, I began working on a new idea, one that would help help me play a game of the board game “War In Europe” by mail with a friend several thousand miles away.) Y! e6 Q" E4 ~2 S
嗯,当POA("攻击之节")发行时,我萌发了一个新创意,即通过发邮件的方式让我和远在千里之外的朋友能一起玩兵棋游戏"欧州战争"(War In Europe)。
. G% G8 f8 P) s/ J0 H5 r" T
2 z) e6 h8 y( i2 l" D5 VThat’s how “Aide De Camp” got started, which has been a flagship product ever since.7 F  f: Y+ m+ u" Y" M( {0 b" q
基于这个目的,"Aide De Camp"诞生了,它永远是一个旗舰般地位的产品。
- H( [+ V& B, N5 D6 S  l. j$ R; U
( J+ a; ]: g4 G- L7 UIt was then followed by “Tigers on the Prowl”, “Panthers in the Shadows”, and the rest of that series.
1 R1 J" S0 R5 z, l. B' H$ z7 {之后我们还发行了同系列的"Tigers on the Prowl","Panthers in the Shadows”.6 T8 e0 T+ G" K3 }

9 b6 ?, d+ b, ?! K/ R: PAlong the way I started working with Jeff Lapkoff, of Incredible Simulations, and Frank Hunter from ADANAC.
* ^& j2 G% g" L& q同时我开始和Jeff Lapkoff(Jeff Lapkoff公司,即原Incredible Simulations的创始人)和ADANAC公司的Frank Hunter合作.) H' s2 l1 N- o, N! }* c3 L7 R. H( W
+ r9 ^4 x  s* o8 G* E* Z
HPS marketed their games, and provided some front line support.4 q" C- O6 r1 a3 k
At that time, HPS still consisted only of me, and my dog, Fluffy.  M6 F" @! `7 N7 \/ \" _# i( r
HPS为他们的游戏做市场发行,并提供第一线的帮助.在那时,HPS仍只有我,我的狗和Fluffy.$ r/ F8 I  o% y

: `; m: N/ n" t& l* Y$ Y# IFrank eventually took ADANAC off down its own path, but I’m still working with Jeff, and he is doing a significant amount of code work for my current project, POA-2.8 R+ P) T' C3 h
后来Frank离开了ADANAC公司开始自谋发展,但我仍旧和Jeff Lapkoff合作着,他为我现在的项目:POA-2进行大量的程序编码.
5 Y. Z4 Y6 \0 u) e# @4 B, H- W( `5 R5 C5 |' ^5 ?( l
Since then HPS has grown considerably, especially as John Tiller (of “Battleground” fame) joined the team about 2 years ago, along with Jim Lunsford (a retired Infantry Lieutenant Colonel).% Z5 p0 J  ]% m7 ^6 v: X9 s
随后HPS蓬勃发展,John Tiller(制作过"Battleground")大约两年前加入我们,还有Jim Lunsford(退役步兵中校)% I5 Q; b! i8 d- O" i

+ C" F( s. |+ L7 RHPS is up to 10 people now, most of whom are part time, and all of which work out of their homes.7 J" J6 e" Z) W* x
Which, while not impressive by mainstream standards, is pretty good for a company dedicated strictly to making wargames.2 e$ y2 x2 [; t3 B
HPS现在已经有10人了,当然大多数仍只是兼职,都在外打工.这种情况对于一个致力于开发兵棋游戏的公司而言还不赖,但对于大多数公司就...
6 E4 {2 w' v- l. ~/ y! n6 ?8 Q7 m& w3 U0 Q, e; J# Q6 D% F% D
HPS first got on the internet about the time POA came out, which would have been in 1990.$ y! }' y3 v& q9 u: S
At the time I was on Prodigy and GEnie, eventually getting forums for HPS as I published additional games.
; g' N( y; E3 s% `In fact, I met Greg Smith (now an employee), and Nick Bell (my mainstay playtester and research consultant) on GEnie, and John Kincaid (Aide De Camp jack-of all trades, and database consultant) at this time.$ A+ ]- c% q$ a9 ]  ]0 l! p* x; p( p8 F
大概在1990年,也就是POA刚发行的时候,我们开始接触互联网.那时我在Prodigy公司和GEnie公司,后来终于在我发布附加游戏时为公司搞了个论坛.
0 R  {/ }9 s. Q3 k- S9 J9 ?. P6 A事实上,就是在那个时候我在GEnie公司遇到了Greg Smith(现在是我的一名员工)和Nick Bell(我主要的游戏测试员和研究顾问),还有John Kincaid(参与Aide De Camp设计,一个全才,数据库顾问).

/ l. r' e) t) k5 x  y
8 a- e0 V' d2 Q9 X9 ~Where do you get your ideas for your products?
7 l, h$ Z' W/ H) L; P/ M: w3 K+ ~制作这些游戏的点子从何而来?4 e' P: g% ^- B6 J+ u. P* w( B
1 k7 X4 B+ K8 @& ~, A2 h
I make games I want to play myself.
/ P/ u( l, W3 R3 d3 ?. d# G我就做我想玩的游戏8 s1 q+ F7 w8 R% }

7 E! \1 k8 k1 _/ KWho are some of your major designers and artists, and what is their background or accomplishments?
- `& g4 U# L* h1 w' l* I* c你们公司主要设计者和美工是谁?他们的背景,取得过什么成就?! m/ x  a4 M1 L5 A
% |+ ~, a3 M; W5 i- t3 U
HPS is comprised of a group of fantastically talented and dedicated gamers.
* K& B) P' W! C" a% R+ u" tRather than write ten pages here, it’s easier to go to our web site where we have short bios of everyone.
. i7 F% V  u; }& V) KHPS这个团体都是由具有天赋专注于游戏开放的玩家们组成的.在这里我不想花费10页多的纸来夸奖他们,去我们的主页看看他们的介绍吧.
+ f# [& Q5 I. K0 }* S" x: V$ _8 S8 V& A! h/ f
What historical era line of products do you offer?
- z7 A1 I9 m& {- {6 K你们游戏的历史背景是什么时候?: k7 V6 [" l$ m1 g6 ]
" [2 n+ g  Z2 \* S
To this point, HPS has produced games of the modern era - from late Eighteenth Century to the present.. Y% b' v4 ?# A! p; S7 c
However, in the future, we may look at earlier eras.2 `2 w0 o9 F2 B; S- N
关于这一点,我们做过以近当代史为背景的游戏,即从18世纪末至今.
: B' G% D+ |& v+ {7 U然而,将来我们可能会做一些以历史早期为背景的游戏.
6 k8 H& Q4 D0 Z$ A* R" |/ U8 c. q, }. i+ h! H" @" n
Do you offer other affiliated products as well, and what are they?
( t# Z. i! U; p, C- `8 x你们做过游戏的周边产品吗?有哪些?
& a( l; n* [. l, ?) h. L* F
7 B3 A9 ~" j5 r% N( ]No.
( h0 v4 n; @9 \% x8 ]没有
/ {6 F+ Q* J2 b1 |1 D& Q( A: K/ m0 S. B% a
[ 本帖最后由 tianyikillua 于 2008-7-25 23:03 编辑 ]

评分

查看全部评分

该用户从未签到

精华

对战

主题

游客

积分
军饷
100 两
7#
发表于 2008-7-25 23:01:19 | 只看该作者
Just how are computer games or simulations produced?
4 Q0 S: U0 H( ^( B0 j这些电脑游戏或者说是兵棋游戏究竟是怎么做出来的?
: K9 Q; U+ u" \! X6 Q6 u2 }2 M6 N, E) o
The process itself is pretty simple, really.
) ]+ {6 D" v$ d2 y4 M8 _6 G9 }( L" l  fSomebody gets and idea, it gets translated into code, the code gets tested, and then the final product is marketed.
/ K, w: b! w% e) T/ sOf course the devil is in the details.% e% k  j+ C2 g4 a3 h) u$ v
过程本身就十分简单的.某个人有了想法,于是就开始把想法用电脑编程,程序试验结束后就可以市场销售产品了.
! `8 w4 U* x2 h/ K" N
( Q' Q% @0 r+ Z, ?+ \0 cBecause HPS is such a small company, we don’t do a lot of the things larger companies do in the way of project management.
: A: \/ x3 c6 B' DJohn Tiller, Jeff Lapkoff, and Jim Lunsford are extremely talented and capable, so I try to leave them alone as much as possible to not cause distractions.
5 S' o: X: l" S5 J9 b' s: rOf course, I provide support where I can, and advice.But, other than that they do their own thing., n3 L2 v$ E! Y/ L- Q& V/ U
由于HPS是个小公司,我们在项目管理方面不像其他大公司做的那样详细.John Tiller,Jeff Lapkoff和Jim Lunsford都很有天赋,所以我尽可能不影响他们工作.当然,这是建立在他们不做私事的前提上的.
2 h8 s* |& q; P4 F
9 W- T$ l4 E6 v/ C  Z% |For my own games, well, it’s the same basic process.7 u* ^5 c5 P! V: j( ?7 t
I come up with an idea of what I want a game to accomplish.
1 \2 `7 n4 n/ ?+ |# q关于我自己的游戏,其实也是同样的步骤.
. s6 ]4 \# V* D# [我准备做一个游戏,后来我想到了主意.6 F% L7 F, h5 S2 c. w- }

, ^# v1 `+ Z4 pFor example, Point of Attack 2 I wanted to be extremely realistic and detailed so that the military could use it to accurately test all sorts of current and planned weapons systems.
% Q9 L4 P& L! n; Q, S3 ~/ A比如说我希望Point of Attack 2十分贴近现实和注重各种细节,使得军方也可以通过这款游戏来精确地测试所有目前和正在计划中的武器系统.
- z2 A$ X5 ^/ y5 _' w% k7 \4 G4 O! T! U: ~
Once I had that idea worked out, I developed the database structures on paper, and began programming.$ @  B8 Q! t2 \
Because I do the coding myself (or in team with Jeff), I can make changes as I go along, rather than trying to figure out in advance what needs to be done and producing some kind of control document or plan.
7 R: y: k# g# e7 ^2 D, T一旦我有了想法,我就开始在纸上开发数据库结构,并开始编程.
' U4 l' x. m# t) m* q由于是我一个人编程(或和Jeff在一起),我可以随时做出相应的改变,而不是事先就计划好要做些什么和做一张计划或日程表./ M- U9 S) u7 F6 ^4 }
6 Q/ {1 {& F6 V8 ?/ I
I’ve found this method works very well for detailed wargames, since once you get into actually programming a system, there are a million things that come up that would have been impossible to plan for.
9 O4 E9 z* S) `5 O, m3 `) rEspecially when trying to develop a decent AI/computer opponent.
9 u% X' A# e0 v6 H我认为这种开发模式对于追求细节的兵棋玩家而言非常适用,因为只要你一旦开始真正编程,就会有成千上万的问题会出现,这样会难以做出计划,尤其是开发水平高的AI电脑对手的时候.) O, M+ h( W4 A# b

$ h$ t" R/ B# EWho does the actual product testing? And what criteria do you use for testing?
! `( G4 x/ Y, _* I) ^谁是真正的游戏测试员?测试时你有哪些标准?
( L3 O6 t! j5 h+ y2 ^
9 o! L' p/ _  v, o8 u- h! FHPS uses teams of volunteer playtesters, all of whom have extensive military and/or wargaming backgrounds.
/ r7 G" ?  O. [) U# h6 zHPS有志愿的游戏测试员团队,他们都有军事和(或)兵棋游戏背景.* P9 s, C( p! b( R! U

: ^3 l) o9 B* F& PAfter the game is tested, how soon before it is released?
( W3 ]+ Y" S# O6 S测试完成后,游戏多久就可以发布了?) Y* v3 B$ r% @% |

. O# v+ p+ l! d0 `( N- NOnce I am satisfied that a game has NO known bugs, and that it meets my standards for playability and realism, we can usually have the CD’s made and start selling them within a month." _4 E9 y9 V7 C
Because we don’t sell though stores, we don’t need large roll-out or other marketing campaigns.
6 r8 Y$ R) g2 W  s6 F只要我对这个游戏满意,即已经没有已知的程序错误而且符合我对可玩性和真实性的要求后,我们就可以开始刻录光盘在一个月内销售游戏.
, n8 k/ I% U8 _, f由于我们不通过厂商销售,我们不需要气势蓬勃的市场销售计划./ [$ h. l# U( O

% a8 D+ u3 U+ \3 ~What methods of release and publicity do you use?
2 ^3 ]0 a+ c; a5 C: o销售和宣传方式?; C' Q! {# H" v; s4 m* W

8 K( Y6 ]1 u; A6 ^3 Y6 wWe are primarily direct sales only, although a few stores and mail order outlets carry our titles.
' X, M% [: E( M2 O3 v7 Q4 Y+ Z5 v我们主要是直销,不过我们也有几家商店出售这些游戏,还有一些是通过邮递的方式./ t+ C9 U- p/ J3 w' b
2 y+ J5 V; ~# J* W/ b: p1 O
Other comments, ideas, or last thoughts?
+ k# s, H2 l4 i. s% S+ I+ }7 h还想说些什么吗?
( p( e* N4 @  j) g" o/ D
4 c6 [! u' ]! H3 r# uOverall, it’s been a great 12 years!; N+ s( J- y  j# {" t  Y" p
总之,这12年的生活实在是太棒了!. o8 M" q, D  p* b- A' S

7 \( j  u0 A) _6 m2 `3 r  O0 g, ?  d[ 本帖最后由 tianyikillua 于 2008-7-25 23:05 编辑 ]

评分

查看全部评分

该用户从未签到

精华

对战

主题

游客

积分
军饷
100 两
8#
发表于 2008-7-25 23:06:25 | 只看该作者
翻译完成~~用时1小时多..?

[LV.1]初来乍到

精华

对战

主题

管理员

积分
军饷
844 两

汉化奖章拉瑞邦德勋章彼得波拉奖章四周年革新委员会论坛三周年勋章KOGER勋章骑士勋章英雄勋章-铜三级精英会员二级精英会员

9#
发表于 2008-7-25 23:31:33 | 只看该作者
感谢tianyikillua 的翻译,顶上去。

精华

对战

主题

论坛元老

积分
军饷
100 两

四周年革新委员会论坛三周年勋章骑士勋章

10#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-7-25 23:40:04 | 只看该作者
感谢tianyikillua 的翻译 谢谢你
战争艺术 V3.4 精彩无限,欢迎对战
我们更不要借了 天下无公理,无人道。这些话,遮盖自暴自弃的行为,自称恨人,一副恨恨而死的脸孔,其实并不恨恨而死。

该用户从未签到

精华

对战

主题

游客

积分
军饷
100 两
11#
发表于 2009-10-19 08:59:07 | 只看该作者
感谢tianyikillua 的翻译 谢谢你(em225)(em223)

签到天数: 355 天

连续签到: 3 天

[LV.8]以坛为家I

精华

对战

主题

论坛元老

积分
军饷
2228 两

汉化奖章罗伯茨勋章四周年革新委员会论坛三周年勋章英雄勋章-铜一级勇气勋章SSG勋章2009十大风云会员荣誉佩剑二级精英会员

12#
发表于 2009-10-22 09:41:08 | 只看该作者
等真正有钱有闲了,也要开一家这样的公司。
cc系列游戏爱好者, 电子/桌面兵棋游戏爱好者
Flames Of War兵棋游戏群

该用户从未签到

精华

对战

主题

一级士官长

积分
军饷
116 两

论坛精英会员

13#
发表于 2009-11-5 19:22:14 | 只看该作者
太厉害了!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
淘宝AMCLUB----军事发烧友的俱乐部

签到天数: 5 天

[LV.2]偶尔看看I

精华

对战

主题

少尉

叫我小陈就好

积分
军饷
84 两

英雄勋章-铜一级勇气勋章英雄勋章-银

14#
发表于 2010-7-9 19:01:26 | 只看该作者
等真正有钱有闲了,也要开一家这样的公司。3 F/ N: _6 T; M$ J: e- c- v/ @0 I* ^
解放军-ZSC 发表于 2009-10-22 09:41
$ w/ m! c  i: e/ |: N4 t9 o  V9 W

% Y# \5 ^4 @  A2 h* u% o* {% Y那一定要厚道点,不要像他们一样换汤不换药的拿剧本骗钱

该用户从未签到

精华

对战

主题

上尉

求生之路fan

积分
军饷
114 两

四周年革新委员会论坛三周年勋章英雄勋章-铜一级勇气勋章英雄勋章-金英雄勋章-银

15#
发表于 2010-7-12 08:16:16 | 只看该作者
I decided that is what I really wanted to do, so I got a book on C, taught myself to program, and eventually produced my first game, “Point of Attack” (POA) about 18 months later (1990).+ B2 ~. \1 L) q& t/ z( U+ u
我发现这才是我真正想干的事,于是我买了一本C语言教程,自学编程,并最终在18个月之后,于1990年编写出了我的第一个游戏,"攻击之节"(Point of Attack)  |' r/ m0 a$ I1 q* O
1 |: u1 u! {2 C8 N

6 w: q1 A+ X8 l6 |0 v3 c6 D& |
& e  i. ]8 t9 \1 g- C. n, R7 j说干就干的类型  太强大了

签到天数: 213 天

连续签到: 3 天

[LV.7]常住居民III

精华

对战

主题

论坛元老

积分
军饷